1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible
One of only 452 Convertibles for 1948. 130 bhp, 305 cu. in. L-head V-12 engine, three-speed manual transmission with Columbia overdrive, solid front and live rear axles with transverse semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 125 in. CCCA Classic!
This Lincoln V-12 runs very nice and is quite smooth. It drives nicely going down the road, stops and steers properly. Nice maroon paint (originally green), interior, good chrome.
The next owner of this Lincoln should be a tinkerer for the following known issues.
- No tail or brake lights
- Overdrive not engaging
- Convertible top power mechanism not connected, but responds to the switch and motor runs and top has a few tears
- Clutch adjustment, must go to floor to fully disengage.
- Only electric fuel pump, mechanical pump does not work and engine stalls if electric pump turned off.
- Power windows work but slow on the down stroke.
The car is currently registered and insured in the state of RI by current owner. No trades, must inspect in person by buyer or buyer representative.
- There are no features available